Nowadays, travelers start their trip planning usually by researching destinations and accommodations online rather than booking with a travel agent. So, why is booking with a Travel agent vs. booking online?
According to recent statistics revealed by dreambigtravelfarblog.com, around 68% of all travel bookings were made online in 2022-2023, compared to around 57% back in 2019. However, using a travel agent still has its unique benefits, especially in a country such as Lebanon, where the unprecedented economic and political situation has affected the reliability of using travel technology services to its fullest.
Also, getting the advise of a travel agent vs. booking online is an issue that can be very relative. Age, location, and goal of the travel are some reasons for deciding which option can be better and why.
In this blog post, I am shedding light on the role travel agents still play in coordinating successful trips and how they orient their efforts to achieve their client’s best interests.
Booking with a Travel Agent Vs. Booking Online
Travel agents play a critical role in finding their clients’ exclusive fares, offering specialist expertise, and helping plan and coordinate their clients’ trips. Whether in Lebanon or abroad, many people seek out the unique help of travel agents for a more personalized travel experience.
However, traveling through a travel agent and booking online both have their pros and cons. Here is what we have for you to understand and be able to decide which serves your case better.
Pros of Booking With a Travel Agent
- Tailored and Personalized service: Agents can help plan your trip and make recommendations based on your individual needs and preferences.
- Expert knowledge: Agents have access to a wealth of information about destinations and can always help you find the best deals.
- Convenience: Agents take care of all the trip details, leaving you with a total stress-free travel experience.
- Access to exclusive deals: Travel agents may have access to exclusive deals that would not be available online.
Cons of Booking With a Travel Agent
- Cost: In some cases working with a travel agent may be a bit more expensive than booking online.
- Limited options: Sometimes, travel agents may only offer a limited selection of travel options, depending on their affiliation with certain airlines, hotels, or tour operators.
Pros of Booking Online
- Cost: Booking online is often cheaper than working with a travel agent due to lower overhead costs.
- Access to a wider range of options: Online booking platforms provide access to a vast array of travel options, from budget to luxury.
- Easy price comparisons: If you have enough time, booking online enables you to compare prices and read reviews from other travelers.
- Convenient: You can book from the comfort of your home; at any time.
Cons of Booking Online
- Limited personal service: You won’t be able to receive the personalized service a travel agent can offer you.
- Not easy to navigate: With so many options, it can be overwhelming to navigate online booking platforms and still be able to make the right choice.
- No expert knowledge: You won’t have access to professional know-how tools. They are exclusively able to offer the best advice and recommendations.
Ultimately speaking, whether you book through a travel agent or perform your booking online, it will all depend on your particular individual needs, availability of time and knowledge, and your unique preferences.